When I am asked for skin care advice, I like to give people the run down on ingredients to look for, not just tell them to get xyz product. Why? Because I want them to be able to choose a product based on their preferences, not mine.
One ingredient I often tell people to look for in a product is niacinamide (aka vitamin B3 or nicotinamide) and here is why:
Niacinamide is a skin care ingredient worthy of your attention and your skin will love you for using it. The research about niacinamide unanimously demonstrates how special it is and it is one of the most exciting ingredients in skin care.
- Dry skin: If you struggle with dry skin, topical application of niacinamide has been shown to boost the hydrating ability of moisturizers so skin’s surface can better resist the moisture loss that leads to recurrent dry, tight, flaky skin. Niacinamide works brilliantly with common moisturizer ingredients like glycerin, non-fragrant plant oils, cholesterol, sodium PCA, and sodium hyaluronate.
- Reduced the appearance of large pores: Raise your hand if you battle pores the size of the Grand Canyon like I do! I feel your pain. In comes niacinamide to the rescue! Research hasn’t come to a full understanding about how this B vitamin works its pore-reducing magic, but trust me, it does!
- Combat environmental damage: Niacinamide reduces the impact of environmental damage because of its ability to improve skin’s barrier (its first line of defense). Left unchecked, this type of daily assault makes skin appear older, dull, and less radiant.
- Repair existing damage: It also plays a role in helping skin to repair signs of past damage.
- It plays well with other ingredients and is great for even the most sensitive skin types.
We are so excited to announce that our Vitamin C serum has this gentle, yet powerful ingredient in it! We want to offer you the best products to help you reach your skin care goals. We call this “skin care perfected.”
Here’s to your perfect skin!
Creator & CEO of Perfect Skin Code
P.S. Let’s connect! Get all of your burning skin care questions answered by joining our FB group and become a Perfect Skin Code Beauty insider.