They say that 40 is the new 30! Keep reading to find out how you can look 30 in your 40’s.
In my Dermatology practice, I get more questions about skin health as we age than I do about anything else. So I decided to share a few tips with you that I share with my patients (And you don’t even have to have an appointment!)
Once we hit 40, the descriptors used for skin typically have a negative connotation. Don’t you hate when ads use words like “dull – looking” “uneven” and “wrinkles”? —words we don’t necessarily want to associate with our once bouncy, smooth skinbut sadly, it is what it is. This is mostly due to something called perimenopause (or the years leading up to menopause), during which your estrogen levels begin to decrease and skin becomes thin and loses its elasticity. The aging process is natural, beautiful, and a privilege that we should embrace, but many signs of thisskin degradation can actually be avoided by taking preventative measures and using the right products at the right time.
- Micro needling: This is an excellent preventative measure to take. By rolling the tiny needles along your face, you’re creating micro injuries on theskin, which then increases collagen and elastin production to help heal theskin. This then “thickens” the skin a bit to help fill out fine lines and hide dark circles. You start to lose 10% of your collagen each decade starting with your 30s, so introducing a vitamin C serum (which helps boost collagen) is also a wise choice.
- Platelet rich plasma injections (PRP): You’ve probably seen PRP touted as “vampire facials” and it makes for great IG posts. In this treatment, your own blood is spun in a centrifuge, and the activated platelets are then injected back into the skin, which initiates reparative cells for a fresher, more youthful-looking complexion.
- Change up your face wash: Now is the time for a hydrating face wash such as cleansing oil. Your skin is losing moisture and dry skin means more pronounced wrinkles. Plum it up with hydration!
- Get your antioxidant on!: Target anti-aging with an antioxidant to fight against free radical harm and repair damaged cells.
- Start a retinoid if you haven’t already: You are already behind if you have not started this powerful anti –aging ingredient. ( I advise people start this in their 30s) However, it is not too late to see the benefits of adding this to your skin care routine.
While I strongly believe in loving the skin you are in no matter your age, I do believe you can do things to make yourself look your very best at ANY age.
Stay tuned for updates on the launch of our Retinol 1.0 serum and Vitamin C mushroom serum with niacinomide! These 2 products used together in your daily routine will give your skin a 1-2 punch against aging. 25 year reunion here I come!
Here’s to your perfect skin!
Creator & CEO of Perfect Skin Code
P.S. Let’s connect! Get all of your burning skin care questions answered by joining our FB group and become a Perfect Skin Code Beauty insider.