I am largely against complicated skin care routines. Why? Most of us (me included) are too busy or just too lazy to keep up with a complicated multi step routine. So imagine my side eye when my esthetician suggested I had a 2-3 min facial massage to my routine.
I was initially resistant to try it but I remember how good it feels when she does it so I thought, why not? I have so much more time on my hands because – well, COVID of course- so I thought now is a good time to try it. I decided to start with a facial roller because I LOVE beauty gadgets.
You have probably seen facial rollers. They come in all shapes, sizes, and price points and materials from stone to glass. They are more than just a fancy tool that looks good on your vanity. Facial rollers /facial massage can actually help your skin in many ways.
- Toning and tension release. When we feel stressed, tired, or concentrated, we tense our forehead and eye area, which causes wrinkles over time. A couple minutes of face massaging at the end of the day helps release that tension.
- Releases toxins. Using a lot of beauty products, environmental factors, and the hustle and bustle of everyday life can cause toxins to build-up within our skin, contributing to fine lines, puffiness, and even cause break outs. Facial massages increase blood flow and improve lymphatic drainage in your face. This flushes out waste and toxins and keeps your skin fresh.
- Boosts circulation. Like doing a set of jumping jacks or push-ups, the movement of a quick facial massage sends a surge of blood and oxygen to your skin. I love that natural blush look I have after a facial massage. This increased flow deflates puffiness, improves skin tone, and helps detoxify your skin. Bring on the glow!
- Improves product absorption. Massaging after applying your serums helps them penetrate the skin and makes them more affective. Plus, it just feels great!
- Relaxation. At the end of a long day, a few minutes of self-care is so beneficial. I actually cleanse my skin and start my night routine as soon as I get home to help me decompress after a busy day.
Fast forward about 2 months, and I can definitely tell the difference. I have much less puffiness (especially under my eyes) and that double chin I started seeing due to COVID 19 lbs. has finally started to improve! I’m such a believer in massage, I have researched and tested an awesome germanium stone face and body roller that I love so much, and I’ve decided to share it with all of you! Stay tuned for the launch announcement!
In the meantime, if you want perfect skin but don’t know where to start, schedule a consultation with me. We will meet via zoom (no pants required!) and discuss your current skin care concerns then I will come up with a customized skin care routine designed to fit your goals and your pocket book!